Are you a Research and Development leader that thrives on innovation, working directly with customers and developing strong cross-functional relationships? Our client, a privately held food manufacturer, is looking for a Director of Research and Development to join their team in sunny Florida!
Ideal candidate will be a hardworking leader who understands how to execute the strategy and will work cross-functionally with marketing, operations, sales, QA and procurement. In this role you will be responsible for innovation of new products for both foodservice and retail customers, driving cost savings, creating efficiencies, and leading product improvement initiatives. Tremendous opportunity to work closely with executive leadership and provide your critical input! Succession planning candidate for the Vice President role.
- 10+ years of experience in a food manufacturing environment, preferably in battered and breaded products.
- 4+ years of experience coaching, mentoring, and leading a team. Will lead a team of 5+ technicians and food scientists.
- Develop product development roadmap.
- Excellent presentation skills required.
- Experience leading innovation and new product development, product improvement and cost savings initiatives.
- Engages with internal and external customers to develop technical relationships, advance projects, and provide technical support.
- B.S. in Food Science required, Masters in Food Science or MBA preferred.
- Must be commutable to or willing to move to the Lakeland Florida area. This is not a remote role but has tremendous professional flexibility.
Exciting opportunity to lead a team and contribute to the overall strategy. Excellent compensation, benefits, and relocation package. To be considered for this role, please send your resume to [email protected]