Would you love to shape the future of the transportation and logistics function for a growing privately held company? Our client is an established billion dollar vertically integrated livestock and feed producer. We are looking for a leader to oversee all aspects of transportation and logistics. Key priorities will be collaboration with cross-functional teams, drive efficiencies and reduce cost, coach, and develop team members and optimize in-house and 3rd party transportation networks.
The ideal person will have a willingness to learn and engage in operations, experience with transformation of transportation function, and the ability to set clear performance metrics. We are looking for a communicative, confident, and humble leader.
Some qualifications include:
- 10+ years progressively more responsible roles in warehouse and transportation in a food (or related product) manufacturing facility.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and growing teams, strategic and financial planning, establishing performance metrics and negotiating multi-year contracts.
- Must have significant experience transforming logistics functions, managing in-house and 3rd party fleets and overall reduction in costs for a large national food manufacturer.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with supply chain, marketing, production, and 3rd party transportation vendors.
- Experience with DOT, safety and responding to ongoing changes to governmental regulations.
- B.S. (preferably in Supply Chain, Engineering, or Management), Master’s degree a plus.
- Able to travel 25-30%.
This is a highly prominent role where you can make a difference in a company that is truly committed to its employees and customers. Offers excellent compensation, benefits, and relocation package. To find out more about this opportunity, please contact Julie Curtis at 763-428-1888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.