Have you been dreaming of a rewarding Merchandising & Procurement career where you are part of one of the fastest-growing retailers? Reshaping the grocery industry is not easy and we want you to be a part of it. Our client has been described as fierce, first to market and growing aggressively. Are you ready for your next career challenge?
Based in the Midwest this leader will need to be on-site working with their team, colleagues and suppliers. This role will report to a smart, candid and no-nonsense leader. This is a key member of the leadership team, and will need excellent negotiation skills, true creative and analytical thinking skills and executive presence.
A few key qualifications:
- 10+ years’ experience in progressively more responsible buying and merchandising roles, preferably in a retail grocery environment. Experience with private label or national brands.
- Must have strong leadership background; develops, coaches and mentors team and sets the vision and strategy for the category, including assortment, specifications, packaging, pricing strategy.
- Skilled negotiator with a keen understanding of how to drive costs down while not compromising quality.
- Ability to forecast effectively; “out-of-the-box” thinker with a strong understanding of product trends and customer needs and wants, driving buying decisions and innovations.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Competitive compensation and relocation package including excellent medical, pension and 401K match. If you or someone you know would be interested in discussing this unique and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume to Julie Curtis at firstname.lastname@example.org