Are you a dedicated Product Development leader who enjoys creating innovative food products and thrives on getting new products to market? Our client has a growing snack food line of products geared toward K-12 and the retail channel. This is not your typical cost-cutting, reverse engineering development role, this is truly blue-sky product development to create and commercialize new products. They are looking for a data-savvy and energetic leader to direct their R&D team in developing breakthrough products based on market trends and customer insights. This person could come from a traditional food manufacturing or retail private label innovation background.
This self-motivated leader will oversee food distribution, K-12, and retail product development, leading a team of two. Reporting to an open-minded and engaging SVP of Sales, this role will be responsible for spearheading growth and taking new ideas from concept to shelf. This person will have a passion for developing new shelf-stable food products and will provide critical input to the entire leadership team. Exciting opportunity to create and direct your own innovation function. Bring your ideas and expertise!
Some qualifications include:
- Ideal candidate will be a dynamic leader and understand how to execute the strategy and work cross-functionally with marketing, sales, and procurement to innovate new food products.
- Minimum 10 years of Product Development experience in food products required; experience working in shelf-stable snacks strongly desired.
- Overall responsibility for new product development. Develop strategies, establish tactics and priorities, and implement plans to commercialize products in concert with Marketing and Sales.
- Understanding of customer wants and needs and the ability to stay up to speed on changing trends and demographics.
- Ability to effectively build and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external customers and suppliers; provide clear direction for 3rd party co-manufacturers.
- Excellent communication, influencing, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time to corporate office in Novi, MI, and to supplier sites.
- Must be willing to work in an Eastern time zone environment and be available to participate in zoom meetings scheduled for 8:00 am EST.
- BS in Food Science, Marketing or Culinary degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Exciting opportunity to utilize your creativity and leadership to drive the growth and direction of a fast-paced, driven, and innovative company. Remote opportunity, excellent compensation, benefits, and relocation package. To be considered, please submit your resume to Julie Curtis at firstname.lastname@example.org.