Tremendous opportunity to join a solid, down to earth, hardworking team! We are looking for an analytical, collaborative procurement professional to develop strategic processes, optimize inventory and reduce costs across this large, privately held organization. Reports directly to the CFO and will be responsible for commodity / packaging purchasing, sourcing and vendor negotiations. The team has a superior work ethic, passion for the business and will make you feel like family!
This role will be responsible for raw material and packaging vendor negotiation strategies including terms and conditions; supplier selection/de-selection. The ideal candidate will have a strategic sourcing mindset.
- Strong work ethic with a roll up your sleeves attitude!
- Lead and mentor a dynamic team of purchasing professionals.
- Work cross functionally across sales, operations and finance; developing strong internal relationships.
- Negotiates and approves all vendor contracts and supervises vendor performance. Manages cost cutting practices & procedures with vendors.
- Maintain inventory forecasting system and a working knowledge of commodities trends and market conditions.
- Coordinate purchasing activity between plants.
- 7 + years of purchasing experience; food industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Generous compensation, benefits and relocation package! If you or someone you know would be interested in discussing this opportunity, please contact Melissa Kern at email@example.com or 763-428-3888.