Do you have a vision for the corporate QA function and want to be able to run your own show? Do you enjoy being the person that everyone looks to for a decision? Do you want to work for a well-loved international retail brand that supports a high-quality QA program?
Our client is experiencing incredible growth, and is looking for a Director of Quality Assurance to lead their growing team, overseeing core quality and food safety programs. Incredibly unique opportunity, ideal for someone who enjoys working with food suppliers, developing a team and leading a broad quality function. This person will lead a team of 7 and will influence multiple departments across the company.
Some qualifications include:
- 10+ years’ experience in progressively more responsible Food Safety and Quality Assurance roles, preferably in a retail grocery environment.
- Ability to lead change management and to work on a collaborative team, setting the strategy and having a passion for executing and implementing consistent, high-quality QA programs.
- Oversees entire QA program, including managing product standards, produce, facility and certification management, operations and regulatory compliance, and managing adverse events.
- Experience implementing and managing programs such as HAACP, FSMA, GFSI, third-party lab management and audits, testing programs, ISB product support, QCP program management, regulatory compliance, vendor certification, setting up quality systems, and issue resolution.
- Must have strong leadership background working with domestic and international suppliers and 3rd party auditors, robust risk management and protocol experience, ability to provide product specifications and advise buying team on supplier issues.
- Proven competencies in influencing others, change management, continuous improvement, analytical skills and maximizing relationships throughout the organization.
- Understands efficiencies in an ever-changing environment; flexible personality that is able to embrace change and adapt. Ability to engage and communicate clearly with the executive team.
- BS in Food Science, Microbiology or related field, or a combination of QA experience and education required.
The position offers excellent benefits, including a pension and 401K match. This is a collaborative, fast-paced environment that requires a decisive, flexible person with an executive presence. To discuss this opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org